Next Bihar assembly Speaker :Vijay Kumar Chaudhary [ Current News (Concise) ]
Vijay Kumar Chaudhary Senior Janta Dal United (JDU) leader has been elected as next Bihar legislative assembly Speaker. Mr. Chaudhary was declared as the new Speaker of Bihar assembly by Sadanand Singh the pro-tem Speaker and Congress MLA. He was elected with the support of all parties including main opposition Bhatia Janta Party (BJP).
About Vijay Kumar Chaudhary:
- He was born on 8 January 1956.
- Now, He is 16th speaker of the Bihar Legislative Assembly from 2nd December 2015.
- He is belonging to Janata Dal Party.
- Mr. Chaudhary has served as MLA for five times and represents Sarai Ranjan assembly constituency of Samastipur district.
- Previously, when Nitish Kumar has got charge of state again for the 4th time he took oath as the Minister for Water Resources on 22 February 2015, and in addition also get charge of Agriculture and Information & Public Relations Departments on 24 February 2015 in the cabinet.
- In 2014 - 15 he also serves as Minister-in-charge, he was popular as soft spoken politician who has clear image.
- He also had served as the Deputy Chairman of Bihar State Industrial Development Corporation (BSIDC) during his period as legislator from 1982 to 1995.
- Published on: December 3, 2015