Next Chairman of CBDT: Arun Kumar Jain [ Current News (Concise) ]
Next Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is senior revenue service officer Arun Kumar Jain. The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved his appointment.
- Mr. Jain is Indian Revenue Services (IRS) officer of a 1978 batch.
- He is selected because of he has serve as acting Chairman of the board after retirement of Anita Kapur on November 30, 2015.
- As Chairman of CBDT he has short occupancy till January 2016.
- He is also serving as Member (Personnel and Vigilance) in the CBDT currently.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
CBDT is provides effective ideas for policy and planning of direct taxes in India.
It is statutory authority functioning under the central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
The composition of CBDT includes Chairman and six members they are:
- Member (Income Tax)
- Member (Legislation and Computerization)
- Member (Revenue)
- Member (Personnel & Vigilance)
- Member (Investigation)
- Member (Audit & Judicial)
- Published on: December 16, 2015