Nimi Sunilkumar Wins Gourmand World Cookbook Award [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Nimi Sunilkumar, Cookbook author and food blogger has won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for 2015 - 16. She has presented this source of snacks to the world and rewarded with a Gourmand World Cookbook Award.
- Her book 4 o’clock Offers of Kerala has been chosen for the award in the ‘Best Indian Cuisine Cookbook’ section.
- The book began a winner, competing with entries on Indian cooking from around the world. The award was presented in Yantai, China, recently.
- The cookbook is developed with photos and details of 54 recipes from Kerala and each of these recipes are said to be specific to each district.
- She has won award for the second time and earlier in 2013, her Lip-smacking Dishes of Kerala was selected third ‘Best Local Cooking Book in the World’ category.
About Nimi Sunilkumar:
- Nimi is a cooking teacher and dietician at Tata High Range School, Munnar.
- She had started her food blog ‘Nimi’s Culinary Ventures’ in 2009.
- She began offering ‘Lip-smacking cooking classes, ’ on traditional Kerala cooking to tourists in 2012.
- She says that learning to get better at the art to her students from U. S. , Australia, and the U. K.
- Many recipes have already missing from our kitchen. My try is to maintain the traditional.
- She wanted to show that Indian recipes are not just about ‘dal’, ‘roti’ and ‘naan’. The recipes in 4 o’ clock Offers are authentic collections from all over Kerala.
- They differ among regions, even households, ” she said. The writer took the photographs that explain her recipes in the book.
- The snacks includes
- ‘Unnakkayi’ (plantain rolls)
- ‘Kumbilappam’ (steamed rice cones) to ‘kozhiyada’ (chicken pancakes)
- ‘Andiputtu’ (cashew and rice balls).
About Gourmand World Cookbook Award:
- Gourmand World Cookbook Awards were founded in 1995 by Edouard Cointreau.
- Every year, they honour the best food and wine books, printed or digital, as well as food television.
- Gourmand gives the awards in a very special location for gastronomy.
- The Ceremony is always an opportunity to meet every important person in the world of food and books: hundreds of publishers, authors, chefs and journalists take part in these events.
- It is well known as the Oscar award in the field of cookery.
- Award is organized to honour the best food and wine books either printed or digital.
- This award is the only international award in this particular field.
- Published on: July 11, 2016