Nita Ambani Named for International Olympic Committee [ Current News (Concise) - Committees ]
Founder and Chairperson of Reliance Foundation Nita Ambani have been nominated as a candidate to be a new member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) with this she becomes the first Indian woman to be nominated to the IOC and is being careful in the category of volunteers who represent the IOC and Olympic Movement in their country.
- She will become the first Indian woman to be on the apex sporting body if she gets selected at the IOC Session scheduled from August 2 to 4, 2016 at the 129th IOC Session in Rio de Janeiro.
- In the IOC Sir Dorabji Tata was the first Indian representative and from 2000 - 2014 Raja Randhir Singh was a member, currently he is serving as an honorary member of the IOC.
- Nita Ambani has leads all sports enterprises of Reliance Industries including cricket, football, kabaddi, basketball, tennis and golf through company foundation or through its joint ventures.
About International Olympic Committee (IOC):
- For the Olympic Movement headquartered at Lausanne, Switzerland the IOC is the highest authority.
- It drives success via a wide range of programmes and projects.
- It serves as a catalyst for association between all parties of the Olympic family.
- It confirms the regular celebration of the Olympic Games ropes all associated member organizations of the Olympic Movement and powerfully inspires, by suitable means, the campaign of the Olympic values.
About Reliance Foundation:
- Reliance Foundation was established in 2010 by Mukesh Ambani chairperson of Reliance Industries, and his wife Nita Ambani.
- It is the charitable foundation of Reliance Industries Limited and one of the largest private foundations in India.
- Its main aim is to promote supportable growth in India.
- Previously Reliance Foundation was known as Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation.
- Published on: June 6, 2016