Nitin Gadkari dedicated two Major Highway Projects in the North East to the Nation [ Current News (Concise) ]
Nitin Gadkari is a union Road Transport and Highways minister who dedicated Shillong Bypass Highway Project and four lanes Jorabat-Barapani Section of NH-40 to the nation in Shillong, Meghalaya. These two projects are intended to improve connectivity between Guwahati and Shillong and other parts of the North East.
- Jorabat-Barapani section is four lane of 61-80 km. It is intended to augment connectivity between Guwahati and Shillong. The project was constructed by the NHAI on Design Build Finance Operate & Transfer (DBFOT) Mode on annuity basis.
- The 48.76 Km Shillong Bypass was constructed by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) mode and connects National Highway (NH) 40 and NH 44 (New NH 6).
- Shillong Bypass Highway Project will help decongest the traffic in the city of Shillong from trucks and heavy vehicles coming from or moving towards North Eastern parts of Assam, Mizoram and Tripura.
- The both projects are part of the larger agenda of Union Government to improve the connectivity within the Northeast (NE) region and between the NE and other parts of the country in order to tackle the regions isolation and improve the socio economic conditions.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 5, 2015