Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister of Bihar choosen for K. Veeramani Social Justice Award [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Nitish Kumar was born on 1st March 1951. He is Chief Minister of Biharsince February 2015. He served as the Chief Minister of Bihar from 2005 to 2014 and also served as a minister in theUnion Government of India.
- He is associated with theJanata Dal (United) party.
- About his selection for K. Veeramani Social Justice Award:
- Nitish Kumar, Bihar Chief Minister chosen for the prestigious K. Veeramani Social Justice Award.
- He is chosen for this award for his enormous support for the cause of social justice especially for upliftment of weaker and marginalized sections of the society.
About K. Veeramani Social Justice Award:
- This is an annual award, which has been started by US-based Periyar International which is an Organisation of non-resident followers of Dalit icon Periyar EV Ramasami.
- The award has been named after K Veeramani who was the President of Dravidar Kazhagam Party.
- He had opposed the caste system and dedicated his life to the prosperity of socially disadvantaged.
- The award carries a plaque and cash of 1 lakh rupees
- Published on: February 1, 2016