Nitish Kumar as Chief Minister of Bihar for 5th time [ Current News (Concise) ]
Nitish Kumar leader of senior Janta Dal United (JDU) has reconfirms their sit as the Chief Minister (CM) of Bihar for the record 5th time. Bihar Governor Ramnath Kovind administered him as the oath of office and confidentiality at oath taking ceremony held at the Gandhi Maidan in Patna.
- The oath of office to 28 ministers from Grand Alliance comprising RJD, JD (U) and Congress parties are administered by Governor.
- For the first time MLA Tejaswi Prasad Yadav and Tej Pratap Yadav sons of RJD president Lalu Prasad were also sworn in as ministers.
- By winning 178 seats of total 243 assembly seats Grand Alliance comprising of RJD, JDU and Congress (INC) had come up as victorious in the 2015 Bihar.
- RJD led by winning 80 seats. It was followed by JDU with winning 71 seats and Congress 27.
About Nitish Kumar
- He was born on 1st March 1951 in Bakhtiarpur District of Bihar.
- He had started his political career between 1974 and 1977 by taking part in the mass movement led by Jayaprakash Narayan
- In 1985 Kumar was elected to Bihar legislative assembly for first time.
- He was elected 4 successive times for Lok Sabha, first in 1989 than in 1991, 1996 and 1998.
Union Minister :
- He had served as Union Minister of Agriculture in 1990.
- He had served as Union Minister for Railways and Surface Transport and Minister for Agriculture from 1998 - 99.
- In 2001 - 20004, He also had served as Union Cabinet Minister for Railways in the NDA Government led Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
CM of Bihar:
- He was become CM of Bihar for the first time in 2000 but resigned within 7 days
- For the second time he was confirm his sit as the CM of Bihar in 2005 and for third time in 2010. For fourth time he reconfirm his sit as CM in February 2015 till November 2015 state Assembly election.
- Published on: November 23, 2015