No. 1 tennis player, Novak Djokovic appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Novak Djokovic: Novak Djokovic was born on 22nd May 1987. He is a tennis player of Serbia by profession. He is currently ranked as world’s No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- He is coached by earlier German tennis player and Wimbledon champion Boris Becker.
- Novak Djokovic has won the ATP World Tour Finals in 2008, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- He also won the Bronze medal in men’s singles at the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- He has won Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year in 2012 and 2015
- He also won Best Male Tennis Player ESPY Award in 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- He has won the ATP World Tour Player of the Year three times in 2011, 2012 and 2014.
- He won the ITF World Champion award four times repeatedly from 2011 to 2014.
About his appointment as Goodwill Ambassador:
- Novak Djokovic has been appointed as a new goodwill ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- Before this appointment, he was focused on the issues of helpless children and their communities through his own Novak Djokovic Foundation.
- Published on: August 31, 2015