North East-ASEAN Business Summit Started at Imphal [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first-ever north East-ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Business Summit has begun in Imphal, Manipur. Its main focus area is on road connectivity, trade and tourism. Manipur Commerce and Industries Department (MCID) have organized this two day summit in collaboration with the Union Ministries of External Affairs and Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Indian Chamber of Service Industries (ICSI).
- The main objective of these Summit is to attract investment from both domestic and foreign firms to the North-Eastern states to increase productivity and generate employment in the region.
- The summit is attended by many representatives from the member nations of the ASEAN such as:
- Lao PDR
- Eight North-East states of the country
- Main highlights of the Summit are:
- Regional conference on Ease of Doing Business
- Agro and Food Processing: Potential and Challenges
- Session on Empowering MSME in North East.
- Published on: April 8, 2016