Odd-Even Scheme Phase 2 Has Been Launched by the Delhi Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
The second phase of odd-even car rationing scheme has been launched by the Delhi Government in order to check pollution in the national capital. The second phase will be start from 15th April 2016 till 30th April 2016.
- The scheme aims to restrict vehicular pollution and dropping traffic mobbing on the roads of NCR Delhi.
- According to this scheme four wheelers with license plates ending in an odd number will allowed to drive on odd dates and those ending with an even number can run on even dates.
- And between 8am to 8pm and on Sunday no restrictions are applied.
- In case of a violation Rs. 2, 000 will be taken as the penalty.
- During this execution, public transport including buses and the Metro will be run at high occurrence.
- Residents are advised to carpool in order to reduce pressure on public transport.
- Vehicles of President, Vice President, Prime Minister, Union Ministers and other VIPs have been excused from this scheme.
- In addition emergency vehicles, vehicles driven by women, CNG vehicles and cars carrying school children in uniforms will be also excused from this scheme.
- Published on: April 18, 2016