Odisha Government Launches Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana [ Current News (Concise) - Government Schemes ]
Odisha government launched a Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana for a special assistance scheme for elderly weavers to mark the second National Handlooms Day. This scheme has been launched by Naveen Patnaik CM of Odisha.
Objective of scheme:
- The aim of this scheme is to providing financial assistance to the elderly weavers in the state.
- It’s also aims to improving the financial condition of above 8,000 weavers in the state.
- Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana is a pension scheme for weaver community in the state.
- On the occasion of National Handloom Day state government provides Rs 500 pension to the weavers.
- This person have attended 80 year of age would get RS. 700 pension per month.
- Pension would be directly transferred to the weaver’s bank account.
Some handloom products of Odisha includes:
- Tie and dye
- Berhampuri Pata
- Aktapar sari
- For the weaver community state government introduced several welfare programmes.
- In this field 8000 weavers working in the state.
- Thus, about 8,000 weavers would be covered under the scheme though government would allot Rs 5 crore annually to implement the scheme.
- Published on: August 9, 2016