Official Slogan of Rio 2016 is Reveals “a New World” for Olympic and Paralympic Games [ Current News (Concise) ]
The official slogan of the Rio 2016 has been revealed by Thomas Bach, President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) “A New World” at a special ceremony held at Olympic Park in Barra da Tijuca, Brazil for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games which is going to be scheduled in August 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Unity, respect for diversity and the will for change is the core values of the slogan and the manifesto for Rio 2016.
- The objective of Rio 2016 is to promote the ideas of transformation through sport and moving the world for the better.
- For the first time this edition of 2016 Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games Olympic and Paralympic Games are going to be held in South America.
- The organizing committee also has reviles the designs for the 2488 gold, silver and bronze medals which is given to winners along with releasing official slogan.
- The tradition of each Olympic Games is to create official slogan for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Previous Olympic slogans was:
- In 2004 “Welcome home” for Athens
- In 2008 “One world, one dream” for Beijing
- In 2012 “Inspire a Generation” for London
About Rio Olympics 2016
- Rio Olympics is a major international multi-sport event in the ritual of the Olympic Games will start from 5th August 2016 and hosted in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- And with this Rio will become the first South American city to host the Summer Olympics.
- It was held from 1968.
- Greatest numbers of countries are participating in a record number of sports.
- In this edition more than 10, 500 numbers of athletes from 206 National Olympic Committees (NOCs), with first time entrants Kosovo and South Sudan, will take part.
- The games will feature 28 Olympic sports and 306 sets of medals — with rugby sevens and golf, which were added by the International Olympic Committee in 2009.
- Under the IOC presidency of Thomas Bach these will be the first Summer Olympic Games.
- Published on: June 20, 2016