Olympic Council of Asia choose Hangzhou City of China to host 2022 Asian Games [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Asian Games: The Asian Games also known as Asiad. It is nationwide multi - sport event which is held every four years between athletes from all over Asia. The Games were planned by the Asian Games Federation.
- First game was start from New Delhi of India, until the 1978.
- Since the 1982 Games they have been organized by the Olympic Council of Asia after the division of the Asian Games Federation.
- The last Games were held in Incheon, South Korea from 19th September to 4th October 2014.
- Earlier it was known as the Far Eastern Championship Games before Asian Games which was first organized in 1912 at a location set between the Empire of Japan, the Philippine Islands and China.
- The Far Eastern Games were first held in Manila with 6 participating nations in 1913.
About choosing of Hangzhou:
- Hangzhou which is the capital city of Zhejiang Region of East China has been chosen to host the 2022 Asian Games by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
- This decision was taken by the OCA at its 34th Assembly held in Ashkhabad, Turkmenistan.
Earlier Chinese cities host the Asian Games:
- In 1990s Beijing hosted the Asian Games
- In 2010 Guangzhou hosts the Asian Games.
- Hangzhou is best known for the West Lake, a good - natured and tourist attraction.
- It is also home base of Chinese Internet named giant Alibaba.
- Published on: September 18, 2015