Olympic Order Award Honored to IOA President N Ramachandran [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Olympic Order the highest Oylmpic Movement award honored to N. Ramachandran a president Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for his outstanding services to the Olympic movement by the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thomas Bach.
About Narayana Ramachandran
- Narayana Ramachandran is a President of WSF (World Squash Federation) from 2008 and an Indian squash administrator. He is president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) since February 2014
- N Srinivasan a former Chairman of BCCI and ICC is brother of Narayana Ramachandran.
About Olympic Order Award
- Olympic Order Award is the highest award of the Olympic Movement which is honored to those who has given particularly distinguished contribution to the Olympic Movement.
- It was founded in May 1975, previously at the place of this award Olympic Certificate honored by the International Olympic Committee.
- The award is conferred to the recipient at the closing ceremony of each Olympic Games according to the tradition.
Along with Narayanaswamy Ramachandran Other 2016 Recipient are:
- Ottavio Cinquanta
- Patrick Chamunda
- Julio Maglione
- Anton Geesink (Posthumously awarded)
- Reynaldo Gonzalez Lopez (Posthumously awarded)
- Peter Tallberg (Posthumously awarded)
- Riesto Nieminen
- Vlade Divac
Other Indian recipient
- Mool Chand Chowhan
- Indira Gandhi
- Jasdev Singh
- Published on: August 24, 2016