Om Prakash Rawat appointed as Election Commissioner by President Pranav Mukherjee [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Om Prakash Rawat: Om Prakash Rawat was born on 2nd December 1953. He is an IAS officer from Madhya Pradesh cadre of 1977 batch. He completed his MSc degree in Social Development Planning in the United Kingdom in 1989.
- He had selected as a Director in the Defence Ministry in 1993.
- He has also worked as Principal Secretary and Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh from 2004 and 2006.
- He had worked as Secretary at Department of Public Enterprises in the Ministry of Heavy Industries from 2012 to December 2014.
About his appointment:
- Om Prakash Rawat selected as an Election Commissioner in the Election Commission of India by the President Pranav Mukherjee.
- He has been selected for contract of more than three years which will end in December, 2018.
About Election Commissioner (EC)
- As per the Article 324 of Constitution, Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioners are appointed by the President.
- Contract: They have to continue their service for 6 years or until they reach to age of 65 years.
- Published on: August 17, 2015