On 2015 Good Country Index India Secure 70th Spot [ Current News (Concise) ]
India has placed at 70th spot in the list of 163 countries according to the recently released 2015 Good Country Index (GCI) and Sweden has topped the best country in the world when it comes to portion the interests of its people and contributing to the common good of humanity.
Top 10 Countries in 2015 GCI:
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- List good country in the world in 2015 GCI is Libya.
- India’s best ranking was:
- 27th spot in ‘international peace and security’ parameter of index
- 124th in ‘prosperity and equality’
- 37th India stood at position in health and wellbeing
- 62nd in science and technology
- 119th position in culture
- 106th position in climate
- 100th position in world order
About Good Country Index (GCI)
- Simon Anholt has found the biannual index which is a British government adviser with a purpose to find ways of encouraging countries to cooperate and co-operate more, and compete less.
- The index pursues the quantity how nations contribute to the global good.
- The index calculates contribution of each country to the common good of humanity and what it takes away, relative to its size.
- The countries are measured based on 35 different UN and World Bank directories into account, including global contributions to science, peace and security, culture, climate change, health and equality.
- Published on: June 6, 2016