On Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector India and Sweden Has Signed Mou [ Current News (Concise) ]
On Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector, Union Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation of Sweden have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). To develop cooperation activities in the Railway sector in order to promote efficiency and sustainability and to achieve concrete results with regard to bilateral trade, research, investment and technology transfer is the main aim behind this MoU.
Key features of MoU:
- To standardizes Railways policy development, organization, regulations and specific characteristics for both country.
- Under this MoU both the countries will exchange knowledge, innovation, technology, technical expertise, sustainable solutions and research.
Other cooperation projects are:
- tilting coaches/trains
- optimization of maintenance
- capacity allocation (time tabling)
- Improved freight/combination traffic
For Railway engineers and managers training and continuing of education program in order to maintenance of Rail transport system.
This MoU is for 5 years and there is possibility that it can be extended for a further 5 years by the written consent of both sides.
- Published on: February 17, 2016