On global ICT Development Index India ranks 131 [ Current News (Concise) ]
On ICT Development Index (IDI) India has been ranked 131 out of 167 nations which is procedures the level of information and communication technology access. According to flagship annual Measuring the Information Society (MISR) Report which was discovered in UN International Telecommunications Union’s (ITU)
Key highlights of report:
- According to report 43.4 % people from world’s population are connected with internet, Total 3.2 billion people are now online.
- About 7.1 billion almost 95 % of global population has connected via worldwide or mobile-cellular subscriptions.
- South Korea, Denmark and Iceland are top 3 countries in IDI 2015.
- Inequality in Internet access: 81.3 % of families have home Internet access in world while in other hand, 34.1 % in the rising world. And in 48 UN-designated Least Developed Countries (LDCs) ratio is only 6.7 %.
- Asia-Pacific Section: It is the most dissimilar section in terms of ICT development, many countries of this section have good grow and some of them are minimum levels of economic.
- In this region the South Korea, Hong Kong and Japan have ranked in top 20 of IDI on the global distribution.
- And some of them like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan has listed in minimum growth.
- According to 2014 report 74.48 % population from 100 has a Mobile-cellular telephone subscription.
- But only 13 % of households with computer, whereas the percentage of households with Internet access was 15.33.
- And the percentage of individuals using the Internet has grown later to 18 % in 2014.
- Published on: December 2, 2015