One Rank One Pension scheme for ex-servicemen comes into force [ Current News (Concise) ]
About One Rank One Pension scheme: One Rank One Pension is also called as “same pension, for same rank, for same length of service, irrespective of the date of retirement. Itwas decided as the basis for determining the pension and benefits of Indian Armed Forces in 1973, when it was completed by the Indian Ministry of Defence during the lease of the Indian National Congress led by Indira Gandhi.
- It includes joining the gap between the rate of pension of the current pensioners and the past pensioners and also future improvements in the rate of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners.
- In armed forces, equality in service has two components, rank and length of service.
- The importance of rank is essential in armed forces because it has been granted by the President of India and indicates command, control and responsibility in uniformity with viewpoint of service.
About benefits by this scheme:
- It is expected to benefit over 25 lakh to ex - servicemen and struggling widows.
- Pension would be re - fixed on the basis of pension of retirees of year 2013 and the benefit will be come in effect from 1st July, 2014.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 20, 2015