“Ottal” a Malayalam Film Won the Best Children’s Film Award in Berlin International Film Festival [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
At the 2016 Berlin International Film Festival Ottal (The Trap) a Malayalam film has won best feature-length and best short films in the children’s category. And with the prestigious Crystal Bear award in the ‘Generation K-Plus’ section the film was awarded.
- Jayaraj Rajasekharan Nair is the director of the film about an old fisherman and his grandson.
- The film is an alteration of Anton Chekhov’s short story ‘Vanaka’.
- Ottal also had won the National Award for best film on Environment Conservation/Preservation.
- At 20th International Film Festival Kerala had created history by sweeping all the top awards.
- By wining, Ottal is third India film who has won this Crystal Bear award.
Earlier Crystal Bear award winner films:
- Killa (2014) and
- Dhanak (2015).
About Crystal Bear International award:
- The Berlin International Film Festival is one of the world’s leading film festivals and most reputable media events.
- It is held annually in Berlin, Germany.
- It is also known as Berlinale.
- It was founded in 1951 at West Berlin in 1951 and since 1978 is was celebrated annually in February.
- Around 400 films are shown in several sections, representing a comprehensive array of the cinematic world.
- Dieter Kosslick is the director of the festival since 2001.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 22, 2016