PM Modi, Fadnavis inaugurated Ambedkar’s memorial in London [ Current News (Concise) ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated B R Ambedkar memorial in London. Maharashtra government has decided to alter the house where Ambedkar lived in London into an international memorial cum research centre.
About the event:
- It was a simple ceremony that marked unveiling the statue of Ambedkar in the courtyard.
- Modi and Fadnavis remembered the immense contribution made by Ambedkar to authorize the socio - economically backward sections in the society.
- The ingenuity to obtain the private property in London was taken by chief minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- The state minister for social justice Rajesh Badole, RPI chief ramdas Athavale and other dalit legislatures like Surekha Kumbhare were also present at the London event.
About B. R. Ambedkar:
- Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was born on 14 April 1891 – 6 December 1956 was popularly known as Babasaheb.
- He was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer who enthused the Modern Buddhist Movement and campaigned against social discrimination against Untouchables.
- He was also against child labour, and protected women rights and empowered girl education.
- He was Independent India’s first law minister and the principal architect of the Constitution of India.
- The Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, was subsequently conferred upon Ambedkar.
- Published on: November 18, 2015