PM Modi arrange a meeting for POSCO to stay in India [ Current News (Concise) ]
About POSCO: POSCO stands for Pohang Iron and Steel Company. It is a multinational steel - making company. It’s headquarter is in Pohang of South Korea. It had productivity of 39.1 million tonnes of unpolished steel in 2011which made it the world’s fourth - largest steelmaker company.
- It was the world’s largest steel manufacturing company by market value as per 2010’s report.
- It was also ranked as the 146th world’s largest companies by the Fortune global 500 in 2012.
- POSCO currently activates two integrated steel mills in South Korea, in Pohang and Gwangyang.
- POSCO also make a joint venture with U. S. Steel as USS - POSCO which is located in Pittsburg, California of United States.
About the meeting:
- The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) arrange a meeting of steel giant Posco’s planned 10.5 - billion dollars joined steel plant in Jagatsinghpur with the Odisha government and the company officials.
- The meeting will be attended by the Cabinet Secretary, Secretaries of Steel and Mines, the Odisha government, and Posco officials to look for ways to help the South Korean steel maker set up a plant in India.
- Published on: August 27, 2015