PM Modi releases commemorative coin on Swami Chinmayananda Saraswati [ Current News (Concise) ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin to mark the birth centenary of Swami Chinmayananda Saraswati in New Delhi. Chinmaya Mission founder of Swami Chinmayananda who was a renowned Hindu spiritual leader and teacher who had inspired the formation of a global nonprofit organisation to spread the knowledge of Advaita Vedanta.
- Advaita Vedanta is the non-dual system of thought found in the Upanishads, which epitomise the philosophical teachings of the Vedas.
- Swami Chinmayananda was born on 8 May 1916 and his child name was Balakrishna Menon. Swami Chinmayananda was known for teaching Bhagavad gita, the Upanishads, and other ancient Hindu scriptures.
- Swami Chinmayananda was also a visiting professor of Indian philosophy at several American and Asian universities and he also had conducted university lecture tours in many countries.
- Chinmayananda had started to spread a global Hindu spiritual and cultural renaissance and also taught them in English all across India and abroad from 1951.
- Swami Chinmayananda died on 3 August 1993 at age 77 in San Diego, California of United States.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 14, 2015