PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IISCO’s plant at Burnpur [ Current News (Concise) ]
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the expanded part of the IISCO Steel Plant in Burnpur near Asansol district of West Bengal. Steel Authority of India (SAIL) provides fully-owned subsidiary of IISCO Steel Plant and newly expanded plant is built by Union Government at a cost of 16000 crore rupees and spreads across 953 acres.
- The modern plant of IISCO Steel Plant has made it environment friendly as it is equipped with the latest and advance green technologies that has zero emission of pollute air.
- It will also help SAIL to enhance and achieve target capacity 50 million tonnes of steel production by 2025.
- IISCO Steel Plant’s current production capacity has increased to 2.9 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) compared to previous capacity of 0.85 mtpa with this modernization.
- IISCO Steel Plant will also play an important role in meeting industry steel demand in India as it will help in attaining nation’s target of producing 300 million tonnes of steel by 2025.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 14, 2015