PM Narendra Modi initiates Badarpur-Faridabad Metro [ Current News (Concise) ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated Badarpur - Faridabad Metro in Delhi National Capital Region (NCR). The metro corridor will connect the national capital with the satellite town and increases economic growth by successive transporation to the people.
- It is the first environment - friendly metro in Indian as all the stations and depot have been implemented with solar power plants.
- Badarpur - Faridabad Metro Corridor - It is 14 kilometre long corridor and has nine stations from Sarai (Delhi) to Escorts Mujesar.
- It is an addition of the presently working ITO - Badarpur section of the Delhi Metro.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is nodal agency in implementing this corridor and has been built at an predictable cost of 2500 crore rupees.
- In Environment - friendly railway stations the corridor is prepared with solar power generation facilities in all stations and depots to generate nearly 2 megawatt power.
- Ridership capacity on the corridor is estimated to be around two lakh per day and help to shift a major portion of the road users to this mode of transport.
- It will also help to handle the rush from satellite town as five to six coach - trains will be in daily service.
- Published on: September 10, 2015