PM Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s Healthcare Tourism Portal [ Current News (Concise) ]
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s Healthcare Tourism Portal “www.indiahealthcaretourism.com” at the ‘SAAARC Trade Mart’ in the Global Exhibition on Services (GES). Healthcare Tourism Portal was inaugurated on the occasion of three-day Global Exhibition on Services (GES) in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The portal is developed by the Union Government’s Department of Commerce and the Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC) for the purpose of developing one-point information site that covers hospital and travel-related information in India.
- At Present time, it covers 124 accredited medical facilities which include the 93 medical centers, 30 Ayurveda and Wellness centers and 1 special category center.
- Among these medical facilities 74 percent facilities are located in Tier I cites and the rest percentage are in Tier II cities.
- Healthcare Tourism Portal covered accredited medical facilities on portal are easily locatable. It is also easy to find by search options by location, medical specialty, key procedures, language options etc.
- Details such as costs related to treatment in hospitals, visa and travel formalities, tariff options on stay etc are also mentioned on the Healthcare Tourism Portal.
- Published on: April 27, 2015