Pa Sangma Former Lok Sabha Speaker Passed Away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Purno Agitok Sangma a Former Lok Sabha Speaker has passed away after suffering a heart attack in New Delhi at the age of 68 years. Sangma was a 9 time member of Lok Sabha. He has served as the Speaker in the 11th Lok Sabha from 1996 to 1998.
He was the important person in the development of the North East.
About PA Sangma:
- He was born on 1st September 1947 in Chapahati village in the West Garo Hills District of Meghalaya as Purno Agitok Sangma on September.
- In 1977 he was to Lok Sabha from Tura and remained a member of the Lok Sabha until 14th Lok Sabha except for the 9th Lok Sabha.
- He had also work with the Union government as Cabinet Minister for Information and Broadcasting.
- He also served as Minister of State of Home Affairs, Labour, Commerce and Coal.
- From 1988 to 1990 he has served as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya.
- He was one of the founding members of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
- He had formed the National People’s Party in January 2013.
- Published on: March 7, 2016