Padma Vibhushan has been awarded to legendary actor Dilip Kumar [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Legendary actor Dilip Kumar at the age of 93 has been awarded with the prestigious Padma Vibhushan, country’s second highest civilian award. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis have awarded him with Padma Vibhushan at his residence in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- On 66th Republic Day on January 25, 2015 Union Government has declared to give tribute of Padma Vibhushan to Dilip Kumar.
About Dilip Kumar
- He was born on 11 December 1922 in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- His original name was Muhammad Yusuf Khan.
- He has debuted in film Industry by Jwar Bhata in 1944 produced by Bombay Talkies.
- He had worked in 60 films including Mela, Naya Daur, Aan, Devdas, Madhumati and Mughal-E-Azam are most popular films of him.
- After 5 year break he started a second inning in film industry with Kranti in 1981.
- And his last film was Qila in 1998.
- He is famously known as Tragedy King and also known as the ultimate method actor by Oscar winning filmmaker Satyajit Ray.
- He has served as member of Rajya Sabha from 2000 - 2006.
- Padma Bhushan in 1991
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994
- Pakistan’s highest civilian award Nishan-e-Imtiaz in 1998
- He also had made place in Guinness World Record for winning the maximum number of awards by an Indian actor
- Published on: December 14, 2015