Paradip Oil Refinery Has Been Dedicated to Nation [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian Oil Corporation’s (IOC’s) new state of the art refinery at Paradip in Odisha has been dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This will be 11th refinery of IOC. It has installed capacity of 15 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA).
Key features of the refinery
- It will constructed at the estimated cost of 34, 555 crore rupees.
- It is designed to process comprehensive basket of crude including dirty and cheaper high sulphur heavy crudes from Latin America.
- Capable to produce Bharat Stage IV (BS IV) /BS V quality transportation fuel to comply with Auto Fuel Policy.
It has more than 20 process units which have capacity to processes the basic feedstock, crude oil to obtain various products such as polymers like:
- paraxylene and
It is most modern refineries across the world with latest technology and complexity factor of 12.2.
Premium grade high speed diesel (HSD) and motor spirit (MS) are the major productions of this refinery.
The other products are:
- propylene (petrochemical grade)
- aviation turbine fuel (ATF)
- Petroleum coke (petcoke)
- Published/Last Modified on: February 8, 2016