Pawan Munjal appointed as the CMD of Hero MotoCorp Ltd [ Current News (Concise) ]
Pawan Munjal appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) & CEO of Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL). Pawan Munjal replaced his father Brijmohan Lall Munjal who resigned on 1 June 2015 but Brijmohan Lall will continue to be the guide and mentor of the company in the form of Chairman Emeritus.
- Since 1984, Brijmohan Lall had retained the Chairman of Hero MotoCorp.
- The company sold record 6.63 million units two-wheelers in the financial year April 2014- March 2015 and this FY is the highest-ever annual sales.
- Hero MotoCorp continues to command well over 50 % share in the domestic motorcycle market in India.
- The world’s largest manufacturer of Two-wheelers Company is Hero MotoCorp Ltd in India and the company achieved the coveted position of being the World No.1 two-wheeler company in terms of unit volume sales in a calendar year in 2001.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 3, 2015