Pijush Ganguly a Bengali actor passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Bengali film, television and stage actor Pijush Ganguly passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was of 50 years. He died of multiple organ failure after he was critically injured in a road accident at Santragachi in Howrah district.
About Piyush Ganguly:
- He was born on 2 January 1965 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- He had started his career as an employee of NABARD and afterwards shifted to acting career.
- His acting career began as a stage actor and later worked in television and films.
- He had acted in acclaimed films like Goynar Baksha, Byomkesh Phire Elo, Laptop, Iti Srikanta and Mahulbanir Sereng.
Awards and achievements:
- Pramathesh Barua Award (1991)
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Award for Best Actor (2005)
- Government of West Bengal (Information and Cultural Affairs) Tele Academy Award (2014)
- Published on: October 26, 2015