Polythene bags are banned by Uttar Pradesh government across the State [ Current News (Concise) ]
With the aim to protect the environment and public health Uttar Pradesh government has decided to implement the ban on the use of polythene across the state. Allahabad High Court has advised Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav to prohibit polythene usage and decision regarding this is taken at cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister.
- According to the ban it bans manufacturing, importing, purchasing and storage of all kinds of plastic carry bags in state.
- So that respects to this ban no any shopkeeper, wholesaler or retailer in the state would be allowed to use, store or purchase plastic carry bags for palatable or non-palatable items.
- Polythene which is used in packaging purposes is still not banned.
- Alternative material is wondering by State Government that can be distributed to the people.
On November 18, 2015 Allahabad High Court had advised the state government to produce a notification for complete ban on the sale of polythene across the state by December 31, 2015 with the aim to stop negative impact on people’s health as well as environment.
- Published on: December 21, 2015