Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated 35th IITF award [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
35th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. This fair will run for 14 days. This yearly event is organised by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) which is under Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- More than 7000 firms from India and abroad are taking part in it.
- For partner country Afghanistan and for focus country Bangladesh has been roped
- In Indian states then Goa and Jharkhand are roped as partner states, while Madhya Pradesh is the focus state.
- Theme of IITF is Make in India.
- The India International Trade Fair, established in 1980 has evolved as a major event for the Business community.
- It is a foremost event organized by the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO), the nodal trade promotion agency of the Government of India.
- The event is held between 14–27 November every year at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India.
- The Theme of IITF 2013 was Comprehensive Growth with Bihar as Partner State and Japan as Partner Country.
- IITF is a major tourist desirability and lakhs of people visit the fair every year.
- the fair displays includes a wide range of products and services including Automobiles, Coir Products, Jute, Textiles, Garments, Household Appliance, Kitchen Appliances, Processed food, Beverages, Confectionery, Drugs
About Pranab Mukherjee:
- He was born on 11 December 1935 and is the 13th and current President of India.
- Mukherjee was Union Finance Minister from 2009 to 2012.
- Mukherjee was appointed the External Affairs Minister of India in 1995.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 18, 2015