Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated first Songs and Dances of the North East [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated first Songs and Dances of the North East in New Delhi. It is a cultural festival and it was organized by Government of Meghalaya and sponsored by the North Eastern Council (NEC).
- The motive of festival is to showcase the culture of India and it denotes a series of events planned by the North-Eastern Council (NEC) and Union Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER) with an aim to attract investors and visitors to the region.
- All eight States of the northeast region will collaborate to host the festival in different parts of the country with an aim to attract investors and visitors to the region and the necessary financial resources will be provided by the NEC.
- In coming month, Songs and Dances of Northeast is series of events will be held by rotation in different parts of the country.
- The theme of Songs and Dances of Northeast in this series will be determined on the basis of the characteristics of whichever State is hosting the event and the city in which it is being held.
- Each event will be held in collaboration with one of the eight States of the region and the present event was organised in collaboration with Meghalaya.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 13, 2015