Pranab Mukherjee presented Bharat Ratna award to Atal Bihari Vajpayee [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Bharat Ratna award is India’s highest civilian honour. President of India (Pranab Mukherjee) presented Bharat Ratna award to Former PM of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee at his home. Former PM of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee is the seventh prime minister to receive the award after Jawaharlal Nehru (first Indian PM), Indira Gandhi (first female PM), Rajiv Gandhi, Morarji Desai, Lal Bahadur Shastri and Gulzarilal Nanda.
Atal Bihari is the first non-Congress prime minister to serve full five years in office from 1998 to 2004. He had held the post for 13 days in 1996.
Generally, the award giving ceremony is held at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi, but an exception was made keeping in mind the poor health of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Atal Bihari received many awards. These are-
- In 1992, he received Padma Vibhushan .
- In 1994, Lokmanya Tilak Award received by Government of India
- In 1994, he received Best Parliamentarian Award.
- In 1994, he received Bharat Ratna Pandit Govind Vallabh Pant Award.
- He is famous for his writing style of Autobiographies are:
- Atal Bihari Vaj mem tina dasaka (1992)
- Pradhanamantri Atala Bihari Vajapeyi, chune hue bhashana
- Values, vision & verses of Vajpayee: India’s man of destiny
- India’s foreign policy: New dimensions
- Assam problem: Repression no solution
1n 1999, Atal Bihari is credited with taking bold initiatives, notable among them being the historic bus journey to Lahore.
- Published on: March 30, 2015