Prasar Bharati CEO welcomes Doordarshan-CCTV pac for exchange of art, culture programmes [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian channel Doordarshan and China Central Television (CCTV) have signed an agreement for exchange of art, culture and development television programmes. The agreement was signed between India Doordarshan, CEO of Prasar Bharathi Jawahar Sircar and China television during the first leg of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s nation visit to China in Beijing.
- The exchange of programmes will begin by the end 2015 and both networks will also take up co-production works for this initiative.
- According to the agreement, both Doordarshan and CCTV will be shared network free of coast. By sharing of television programmes will enable people of both countries to come closer and understand each other’s culture deeply.
- Doordarshan will provide programmes pertaining to art, culture and tourism while CCTV in turn will exchange human interest, development programmes and success stories.
- China Central Television or Chinese Central Television (CCTV) is the predominant state television broadcaster in mainland China. It was founded on September 2, 1958.
- Published on: May 20, 2015