Pravin Gordhan becomes South Africa’s Finance Minister [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Finance Minister of South Africa is Pravin Gordhan who is Indian-origin politician, Regarding to this he is becomes country’s third Finance Minister in a week. And with this he had succeed David van Rooyen who was appointed on 10 November 2015.
Previously President Jacob Zuma had dismissed incumbent Nhlanhla Nene from Finance Ministry.
About Pravin Gordhan
- He is born on 12 April 1949 in Durban.
- He is South African politician.
- Prior to this appointment he was serving as Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs.
- He has completed his collage in 1967 from the University for Durban Westville in Pharmacy degree.
- Earlier he has served as Commissioner of South African Revenue Service from 1999 to 2009.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 16, 2015