President Pranab Mukherjee’s wife Suvra Mukherjee is no more [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Surva Mukherjee: Suvra Mukherjee, President Pranab Mukherjee’s wife passes away because of a cardiac arrest in New Delhi in Research and Referral Army Hospital at age of 74.
- Suvra Mukherjee was born on 17th September 1940 in Jessore.
- She was married to President Mr. Pranab Mukherjee in year 1957.
- They have three children - Sharmistha Mukherjee, Abhijit Mukherjee and Indrajit Mukherjee.
- Suvra was a singer of Rabindra Sangeet.
- She was a passionate fan of India’s national poet Rabindranath Tagore.
- She had founded the Geetanjali Group to spread Rabindranath Tagore’s values which were expressed through his songs and dance - dramas.
- She had performed in the poet’s dance - dramas in India and across Europe, Asia and Africa.
- She was also a brilliant painter.
- She had also written two books Chokher Aloey in which information included about her close interaction with former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and Chena Achenai Chin in which she described a travelogue recounting her visit to China.
- Published on: August 19, 2015