President conferred Punyabhushan Award on Prataprao Pawar [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
President Pranab Mukherjee conferred Punyabhushan Award on Prataprao Pawar who is the Chairman of Sakal Media Group (SMG) at Balgandharva Auditorium in Pune. Scientist Raghunath Mashelkar head committee selected Punyabhushan award for Prataprao Pawar. He is the 27th recipient of the Punyabhushan award.
- Punyabhushan Award is the Punyabhushan (also known as Pride of Pune) award constituted by Tridal. Besides, President also felicitated five veteran freedom fighters in the function.
- Pune is annually announced by the Punyabhushan Foundation on 23 March with a view to commemorate the memory of Indian revolutionary martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, and Rajguru.
- Punyabhushan award is awarded to an eminent personality from the field of art, music, culture, science, industry, social service, or sports in the city of Pune Maharashtra, India. The award carries a memento and cash prize of 1 lakh rupees.
- Earlier, 26th Punyabhushan Award was presented to Dr Cyrus Poonawalla for his contribution to the field of Medicine & Research.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 30, 2015