President gives agreement to Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Bill, 2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
About agreement to the Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Bill: President Pranab Mukherjee has given agreement to the Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Bill, 2015 or Haryana Cow Protection Bill, 2015.
- This agreement will completely bans cow killing, sale of beef and beef products in Haryana.
- This agreement also includes severe custody and penalty for violators.
- The bill was passed by the Haryana legislative assembly in March 2015.
- But after its opening, Haryana governor Kaptan Singh Solanki had kept it for the concern and agreement of the President as per provisions of Article 201 of the Constitution.
Features of Bill:
- Complete ban of cow slaughter.
- Sale of beef and beef products in Haryana state.
- Punishment: Violators will get hard custody ranging from 3 to 10 years and a fine of up to 1 lakh rupees.
- Cow trafficking: Bans cow trafficking and in case any person who wants to export cows will have to seek permission for the same.
- Any person found guilty in distributing cows for killing would be imprisoned for 3 to 7 years and imposes fine between 30, 000 rupees and 70, 000 rupees.
- Published on: November 23, 2015