President’s Rule has been Cleared by Union Cabinet in Arunachal Pradesh [ Current News (Concise) ]
As per Article 356 (1) of the Constitution, the Union cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi suggested burden of President’s Rule in Arunachal Pradesh. And now this proposal will be forwarded to President Pranab Mukherjee after Union Government felt that Congress ruled state is heading for a constitutional breakdown.
- After state assembly failed to comply with the provisions of Article 174 (sessions of the state legislature, prorogation and dissolution) of the Constitution, Union Government has took this decision.
- The session of state assembly will be held in 21st January 2016 for six months after the last sitting according to the provisions of Article 174.
- Because of the state assembly is failed to fulfill this provision which may led to constitutional breakdown.
- In December 2015 this political crisis was started after 21 out of 47 ruling Congress legislators in the 60-member house rebelled with 11 BJP and 2 independent legislators and extended support to Kalikho Pul to form new government.
- In this regard Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa also had advanced the date of the gathering of the assembly session to check the majority of ruling government in the assembly.
- Published on: January 25, 2016