Prime Minister launched India’s first indigenously developed rotavirus vaccine “Rotavac” [ Current News (Concise) ]
PM Narendra Modi launched the first indigenously developed Rotavirus vaccine named Rotavac. Rotavac is the third such vaccine after launched GSK Rotarix and Merck’s RotaTeq which globally available for treatment of Rotavirus.
- This vaccine wills helpful India which to brawl young child dead cause of diarrhea. The vaccine will be available at a price of 1 US dollar per dose but recently launched Rotavac vaccine which available to the cheapest for globally.
- Rotavac vaccine was developed under the public-private partnership (PPP) model that involved Union Ministry of Science and Technology, US’s National Institute of Health (NIH), NGOs in India supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Bharat Biotech India Limited (BBIL).
- The BBIL (Bharat Biotech India Limited) had been involved for 25 years which was selected for the developed the vaccine in 1997-1998 by the India-U.S.
- The main common cause of bacterial agents to moderate-to-severe diarrhea (MSD) among infants below 11 months age group in India which to containing duty food or water.
- Rotavirus vaccines are administered orally to young child in three dose course at ages of six, ten and fourteen weeks and are part of Universal Immunization Programme (UIP).
- Published/Last Modified on: March 12, 2015