Prof. Sanjeev Galande selected for G D Birla Award for Scientific Research [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Eminent Prof. Sanjeev Galande has been selected for the prestigious G D Birla award for Scientific Research 2014. Prof. Sanjeev has been selected for his significant contribution and his pioneering research in the field of Epigenetics and Molecular Cell Biology. At present, Prof. Sanjeev is a professor at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune and also leading a team of scientists in studying various aspects of gene Galande.
- In 1996, Prof. Sanjeev had completed doctorate degree in biochemistry from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Prof. Sanjeev is also a recipient of Shantiswaroop Bhatnagar award. He is also a postdoctoral fellow at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the US. Prof. Sanjeev is pioneer for establishing the Centre of Excellence in Epigenetics at IISER.
- G.D. Birla Award was established in 1991 by the K. K. Birla Foundation in the honour of philanthropist Ghanshyam Das Birla.
- G.D. Birla Award is given Indian scientist below the age of 50, living and working in India for his outstanding scientific research, mostly during the past 5 years.
- Cash Prize of G.D. Birla Award is 50 lakh rupees and a citation. Giving this award in the field of science that deals with study of changes that influence gene function.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 6, 2015