Project Neeranchal approved by CCEA [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Project Neeranchal: It is a watershed management project. It is supported by World Bank. This project will help in accessing irrigation to every farmland (Har Khet Ko Pani) and help to reach the aim of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana for proper use of water (Per Drop More Crop).
- This Project will bring influential changes in rainfed and watershed agricultural management practices.
- It will build effective systems to provide watershed programmes and rainfed irrigation management practices for better results.
- It will support and improve livelihoods and incomes of farmers by a stand of totality and local contribution.
- There are development strategies for improved sustainability of watershed management practices in planned areas.
About Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA):
- It is a standing committee of the Government of India.
- Its main function is to have review on areas like economic developments, foreign investment, agricultural, industrial, rural development, Ministries, Agencies and Public Sector Undertakings involved in making up schemes.
About the approval:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the Project Neeranchal.
- This project will provide water short areas a sum of 2142 crores of which 1071.15 crores will be union governments share and rest will be loan from the World Bank.
- This will be executed at national level as well as in 9 states which are Chattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Telangana.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 8, 2015