Punjab Government bags award for accomplishing rooftop solar power output [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
About solar rooftop power station: A solar rooftop power station, or solar rooftop system, is a photovoltaic system that has its electricity - generating solar panels fixed on the rooftop of a residential or commercial building or structure.
- The various components of such a system include photovoltaic modules, mounting systems, cables, solar inverters and other electrical accessories.
- Rooftop mounted systems are small compared to ground - mounted photovoltaic power stations with capacities in the megawatt range.
- Rooftop solar systems on residential buildings typically feature a capacity of about 5 to 20 kilowatts (kW), while those fixed on commercial buildings often reach 100 kilowatts or more.
About Punjab government winning the award:
- Punjab Government has won first award in the category on connected solar rooftop power in the country during the year 2014 - 15.
- It is one of 5 awards won by Punjab New and Renewable Energy Department (PNRED) for excellent performance in the various fields of Renewable Energy and Power Generation.
- The other four areas in which Punjab won awards includes Highest capacity addition of off - grid waste to energy plants & Positioning of highest cumulative numbers of Solar Water Pumps.
- These awards were given to the Punjab state by Union Minister of State for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal at a function held in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Published on: September 15, 2015