Rajasthan Assembly clears bill to improve Right to Education Act [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Right to Education Act: Right to Education Act (RTE) is also known as Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act. It is an Act of the Parliament of India passed on 4th August 2009. It gives the importance to free and compulsory education for children between age of 6 and 14 in India under Article 21A of the Indian Constitution.
India is one of 135 countries to make education as necessary right of every child. The Supreme Court of India ruled that Right to Education Act is not applicable to Minority institutions on 7th May 2014.
About clearance from Rajasthan Assembly:
- The Rajasthan Assembly cleared a bill for alteration of Right to Education Act, 2009.
- It is cleared to improve the standards of education.
- For this Rajasthan Assembly remove the rule which provides facility to the students of not failing till Class 8.
- After this alteration students will evaluate on the basis of their performance.
- This bill was passed by Minister of State for Primary and Secondary Education Vasudev Devnani.
- By this alteration of Right to Education Act, Rajasthan becomes first state in the India to do so.
- Published on: September 18, 2015