Rajasthan: the First State of India to Pass Land Title Bill [ Current News (Concise) ]
Rajasthan state assembly passes Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Bills, 2016 to provide constitutional support to land records. And with this Rajasthan has become the first state in India to pass land title bill for successfully assuring land and property ownership.
Key provisions of the bill:
- State populations who are living in urban areas will get a certificate of ownership from the municipalities or state by paying a nominal fee to the state government.
- An authority will be setup by state government that will be headed by an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer.
- The authority will look for all the documents from the landowners, and will verify with the state records.
- And then first of all provisional certificates for which the state will not stand guarantee will be issued.
- The authority will issue a certificate and a map to the owner with state guarantee if and only if objections or dispute arises in verification.
- This Bill is key steps in the direction of land improvements as it will create an efficient and transparent modern land market, provide certainty of tenancy and end lawsuit that often marshes development projects.
- It will give a clear label to the owner and will reduce proceedings in the courts.
- Published on: April 11, 2016