Rajeev Shukla appointed as Chairman of IPL Governing Council [ Current News (Concise) ]
Rajeev Shukla was re-appointed as the chairman of the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) Governing Council by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and his appointment came just a day before the opening ceremony of the IPL-8 in Kolkata.
In 2013, Former Union Minister and Congress leader Shukla was resigned from the post in the aftermath of the IPL spot-fixing scandal who was earlier chairman of IPL.
Former captain of Indian cricket team Sourav Ganguly was a new entrant to the IPL Governing Council.
Sandeep Patil was senior national selection committee leader and he retained for another season. Team India Director Ravi Shastri also remained in the IPL Governing Council.
Other member of the Premier League’s (IPL) Governing Council include are-
- Head the Marketing Committee – Chetan Desai of Goa
- Chairman of the Technical committee – Anil Kumble
- Head the powerful finance committee - Jyotiraditya Scindia
- In-charge of the Tours and Programmes Committee - Gokaraju Gangaraju of Andhra Pradesh
- Head of the Media Committee - Biswarup Dey, the treasurer of the Cricket Association of Bengal
- Affiliations Committee head - Anurag Thakur
- Chair the Constitution Review Committee – BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya
- Published/Last Modified on: April 8, 2015