Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi Appointed as CBSE Chairman [ Current News (Concise) ]
Senior IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi has been appointed for a period of 5 years as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appointed the Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi.
- ACC headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi is a 1987 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh.
- He has extensive experience in the commerce and revenue departments as an administrator.
About Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- CBSE is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the Union Government.
- Headquarters of CBSE at New Delhi, India.
- In the March month it conducts the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year
- The results are announced by the end of May.
- CBSE earlier conducted the AIEEE Examination for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering and architecture in colleges across India.
- AIEEE exam was merged with the IIT-Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) in 2013.
- The common examination is now called JEE (Main).
- CBSE also conducts All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) for admission to medical colleges in India in 2014.
- CBSE become the largest exam conducting body in the world.
- It affiliates:
- Published on: July 18, 2016