Rakesh Sahni appointed chairman of NVDA [ Current News (Concise) ]
Shivraj Singh Chouhan who is Madhya Pradesh government has appointed Rakesh Sahni as the Chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA). Rakesh Sahni is IAS officer of 1972 batch who had retired after serving post of chief secretary of States. After his retirement Sahni also served as the Chairman of MP Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA) is a multidisciplinary organization of the Madhya Pradesh State Government headquartered at Bhopal.
- Rakesh Sahni appointed for planning water resources development in Narmada basin and expeditious implementation of projects.
- NVDA (Narmada Valley Development Authority) has jurisdiction over the major water resources development projects in the Narmada River which is 5th largest river in India and largest west flowing river of Indian peninsula.
- Narmada River is the lifeline of Madhya Pradesh because 87% of its catchment area lying in Madhya Pradesh. In 9 August 1985, Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA) was formed by the government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Published on: July 21, 2015